News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/29/2016 9:13:48 AM to 1/31/2017 9:05:00 AM.
Posted on: November 29, 2016
[ARCHIVED] Library CIR - 7 Fines and Fees
Policy Statement – The following schedules are established to advise patrons of financial penalties levied by the library and for-fee library services. They also guide staff in determining the appropriate amount for those penalties and services.
Schedule of fines:
1. Fines for overdue materials:
The library does not charge overdue fines for any materials that it owns with the exception of materials on hold or items borrowed through interlibrary loan.
1.1- Overdue InterLibrary Loan $ 1.00 /day
Non Pick-up of InterLibrary Loan $ 5.00
1.2 - Overdue Hold Return $ 5.00
Upon notification, a fine will be charged for an overdue book that has been put on hold (i.e. another patron is waiting for it) and is not returned by the specified date.
2. Fines for materials that are lost or damaged beyond repair:
Please see CIR-6 Materials: Overdue, Lost or Damaged Beyond Repair for more information.
3. Fines for damaged and incomplete materials:
Charges will be assessed for materials that are returned partially damaged or incomplete on a case-by-case basis. All cost evaluations will be determined by paid library staff based on guidelines approved by the library director.
Accounts with a fine will have all library privileges restricted until the situation is resolved or the fine is completely satisfied.
Schedule of fees:
1. Photocopies $.20/copy
• Each side is charged independently.
2. Printing from computers $.20/page
• The customer is responsible for paying for each page that comes from the printer whether the page is wanted or not.
3. Printing from microfilm
4. Replacement library cards $3.00
• A replacement library card must be purchased if the patron has lost his or her card and is still listed in the circulation system.
• A replacement fee will be charged for replacement of damaged or mutilated cards.
• If a library card is defective or stolen, the library will replace it at no charge.
NOTE: All the above fees are subject to change at anytime with approval from the Library Director.