City of Safford
Guidelines for Disbursement of City Funds to Charitable or Non-profit Organizations
- Organizations applying for funds must be providing services, supporting activities, or encouraging economic development in Safford.
- Must be established for a minimum of two years.
- Must be chartered or incorporated through the Arizona State Corporation Commission
- Must be a tax-exempt entity as determined by the federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
All organizations applying for funds must submit a completed Non-Profit Donation Request Application. Unless otherwise noted, the following documents must be submitted with all applications:
- Transmittal Letter – All organizations applying for funds must submit a transmittal letter that includes the following information:
- Organizational mission.
- Specific benefit(s) of the organization’s services and activities to Safford residents.
- The impact on your proposed efforts if City funding is not forthcoming. What other sources have you considered for your program or project?
- A completed application “FY2024 City of Safford Charitable/Nonprofit Organization – Request for City Funds”.
- A copy of the IRS tax exemption certificate. **
- An up-to-date listing of names of the principal officers and Board of Directors.
- A copy of the organization’s most recent financial report.
**Organizations that previously applied for and received city funds in the current fiscal year do not need to resubmit item (3) under the “Application” section (above) unless there are changes or updates to these documents. If changes were made, please submit the most current version of the document(s) with the application.
Distribution of Funds
Funding awards will be disbursed for those application requests that have been approved by a majority vote of the City of Safford City Council. Up to $5,000 per fiscal year may be awarded per applicant.
Please submit applications to the City Clerk's Office via mail or in person:
717 W Main Street
Safford, Arizona 85546
Deadline is Thursday, October 5th, 2023 by 5:00 PM.