NOTICE OF ZONING HEARING
Notice is hereby given that a request for a variance will be heard before the City of Safford Board of Adjustment at a public hearing to be held at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, December 9, 2019 in Safford’s Library Program Room, Safford Library Complex, 808 S. 7th Ave., Safford, Arizona.
Case Z-10-19 Mt. Graham Shopping Center Variance Request: An application has been received from Addisigns for a request for a variance to exceed the maximum allowed square footage for each business listed on a freestanding business center sign at 1902 – 1998 West Thatcher Boulevard, Safford, AZ, 85546 (Graham County Parcel # 102-15-013A).
17.88.040 - Application for variance.
A. Application for any variance to the regulations of this title shall be made to the board of adjustment. Applications shall be made on forms prescribed by the board of adjustment, shall be filed with the zoning administrator, and shall be accompanied by:
1. Accurate plot plans and description of the property involved, description of the proposed use, preliminary floor plans and an estimate of the valuation of the proposed construction;
2. Evidence satisfactory to the board of adjustment of the ability and intention of the applicant to proceed with actual construction work within one hundred twenty (120) days after allowing any variance;
3. Reasons for requesting the variance.
B. The board may prescribe conditions as it may deem necessary to fully carry out the provisions and intent of this title. Such conditions applying to a variance may include, among other things, a time limitation for which the variance shall be valid. Violation of any condition shall render the variance null and void.
C. A variance shall not be authorized unless the board of adjustment shall find sufficient evidence that:
1. Having to adhere strictly to the letter of this title will cause difficulties and hardships upon the petitioner which are unnecessary in order to carry out the purposes of this title;
2. Special circumstances are attached to the property covered by the same application that do not apply to other properties in the same zone;
3. That because of said special circumstances, property covered by the application is deprived of privileges possessed by other properties in the same zone; and that the granting of the variance is essential to the enjoyment of property possessed by the other properties in the same zone;
4. The difficulties and hardships were not created by any act of the appellant subsequent to the effective date of the regulation appealed from.
(Ord. 96-347 § 1(11-23-4))
All persons seeking additional information, wishing to testify or wishing to submit written testimony in regard to the above matter are requested to attend the public hearings or to contact: City of Safford, Planning and Community Development Department, Susan Anderson, 808 S. 8th Ave., Safford, Arizona 85546, Phone (928) 432-4140.