Public Hearing Regarding Use of CDBG Funds
The City of Safford is expected to receive approximately $220,000 in FY 2018 Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds from the Arizona Department of Housing Regional Account (RA). CDBG
funds must be used to benefit low-income persons and areas, alleviate slum and
blight, or address urgent need.
A public hearing will be held to gather citizen input on the use of CDBG funds. The public hearing will be held on the following date and time:
Monday, January 22, 2018 6:00 p.m.
Safford City Graham County Library
Library Program Room
808 S. Seventh Avenue, Safford, Arizona
Examples of possible uses include the following:
1. Public Infrastructure (e.g., water, wastewater, street improvements);
2. Community Facilities (e.g., fire and police facilities; senior or homeless facilities);
3. Housing (e.g., owner-occupied or multi-family rehab, utility connections on private property);
4. Public Services (e.g., fair housing services, services for seniors or homeless, lead hazard screening); and
5. Economic Development (e.g., job development or retention)
For more information about the hearing, grievances, the CDBG program, or to receive assistance in formulating prospective project ideas for presentation at the hearing contact the following:
Hilary Cuenin, City of Safford, 405 West Discovery Park Boulevard, Safford, AZ 85546
(928) 432-4082, Fax (928) 348-3150, TDD (928) 428-0778
Persons with disabilities who require special accommodations may contact Hilary Cuenin at the above location at least 48 hours before the hearing.