The City of Safford’s Electric Department provides safe and reliable power to approximately 4,692 residential and commercial customers.
The electric crew consists of seven employees that are responsible for the maintenance, repair, and construction of the system.
Fun system facts:
- 61 miles of overhead primary
- 17 miles of underground primary
- 3,040 power poles
- Lines down
- Transformers sparking or smoking
- Exposed underground wires
- Make sure your bill is current (to pay your bill contact Citizen Services at (928) 432-4060, visit their office at City Hall, 717 West Main Street, or visit their website.
- Check all of the breakers. If all of the breakers are on, please call us at (928) 432-4200.
- If you live in an apartment, check the main breaker outside. If the main breaker is on, contact your apartment office.
Report power outages to (928) 432-4200.
For electric emergencies, call (928) 432-4200 or 911 if there are injuries, or if there is the potential for an injury.
Net Metering Policy
The City of Safford adopted a Net Metering Policy in May of 2010. This policy allows our Customers to establish participation in a renewable energy option. Please click here to view the policy. The printable application is also available for your convenience. Application & Grid Interconnect Form
Customers must be pre-approved for enrollment in the program by submitting plans, providing equipment specifications and proposed coordination with the City's Electric Division Manager, Dan Braatz. Dan can be reached at (928) 432-4221 or email email@example.com.